Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
HEALTHY, VEGETARIAN and DELICIOUS!!
- 2 medium leeks
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 small potato
- salt and pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) bag artichoke hearts
- 2 1⁄2-4 cups vegetable stock or 2 1⁄2-4 cups chicken stock
- 1 lemon (juice)
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 dash hot sauce
- Saute Leeks, Garlic and Potato in Olive Oil.
- Season with Salt and Pepper and cook about 7 minutes till tender.
- Add Artichokes and Chicken Stock and cook till everything is very soft, about 20minutes.
- Puree mixture and add Cream, Lemon Juice and Hot Sauce.
- Add more Chicken Stock if necessary to thin soup.
- Serve immediately or let cool and serve later. You may need to add more chicken stock if you dont serve immediately as soup will tighten as it sits.
This is a fast soup to put together and very tasty. To make it a little lighter, I used less than 1 tablespoon oil and added a little stock while the leeks were cooking. Also, instead of the heavy cream I added fat-free half-and-half with delicious results. Thanks for posting.