Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Here is a very fast and easy soup, with a rich, subtle flavour. Note: I adopted this recipe, and made changes to it which are not reflected in the review, as it was done before the changes.
- Clean and slice the mushrooms. Trim the leek, discarding the roots and dark green portions. Chop it fairly finely, and rinse and drain well.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat, and saute the leeks and mushrooms until soft and lightly browned.
- Add the chicken stock, and reduce to a simmer.
- Drain the artichokes, and chop them finely. Add them to the soup.
- Season with the lightly crushed peppercorns, lemon juice and sherry. Check seasoning, and adjust with a little salt if needed.
- Simmer for 5 minutes further, then serve.
Very good but a little thin I doubled the recipe and then doubled the lemon juice and sherry which helped w/the flavor. Also added a handful of (eggless) noodles to give a little more substance. Served with Grilled Cheese Dippers and a salad. It's a keeper. Thanks.
This was a nice, simple soup for a day when you have very little left in your pantry. I think it could have a bit more flavor - perhaps adding some additional vegetables, such as sliced mushrooms, scallions, etc.