Recipe by Jenny Sanders
Here is a very fast and easy soup, with a rich, subtle flavour. Note: I adopted this recipe, and made changes to it which are not reflected in the review, as it was done before the changes.
Top Review by Thellie
Very good but a little thin I doubled the recipe and then doubled the lemon juice and sherry which helped w/the flavor. Also added a handful of (eggless) noodles to give a little more substance. Served with Grilled Cheese Dippers and a salad. It's a keeper. Thanks.
- 4 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small leek, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter or 2 (10 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (19 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon green peppercorn
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean and slice the mushrooms. Trim the leek, discarding the roots and dark green portions. Chop it fairly finely, and rinse and drain well.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat, and saute the leeks and mushrooms until soft and lightly browned.
- Add the chicken stock, and reduce to a simmer.
- Drain the artichokes, and chop them finely. Add them to the soup.
- Season with the lightly crushed peppercorns, lemon juice and sherry. Check seasoning, and adjust with a little salt if needed.
- Simmer for 5 minutes further, then serve.