1/2 Photos of Artichoke Souffle Pie
1 hr 20 mins
This looks complicated but I assure you it is worth every bit of effort and if you follow the steps it will come out perfect every time Your family or guests will OOOooh at the sight of this dish. Perfect for a brunch where you have other already prepared dishes.. The Chicken Parmesan Sauce can be made the day before and just warmed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 pie crust
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups monterey jack cheese, grated
- 2 (4 ounce) cans artichoke hearts, drained & quartered
- 1/4 cup pimiento, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1Fit unbaked pie crust into a 10" pie plate.
- 2Heat oven to 400°F.
- 3Do not prick the pie crust but bake for 10 minutes or until lightly browned, remove pie crust& lower oven temp to 300 degrees F.
- 4In a saucepan melt the butter (margarine).
- 5Blend in the flour, dill weed, salt and pepper.
- 6Stir in the milk, stir constantly until the mixture boils and thickens and remove from heat.
- 7Add cheese, stir the mixture until the cheese has melted; set aside.
- 8In a skillet with a tbsp butter saute the artichoke hearts, green onions and pimiento until the onions are wilted.
- 9in a large bowl beat the egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff peaks form In a small bowl beat the yolks until they are lemon colored.
- 10Gradually beat the cheese mixture into the egg yolks.
- 11Pour the egg yolk mixture over the egg whites and fold together gently.
- 12Spoon artichoke mixture into the pie shell.
- 13Pour souffle over the artichokes.
- 14Bake 45-55 minutes or until a knife comes out clean inserted in the middle and it is a heavenly golden color.
- 15Serve at once with Chicken Parmesan sauce (Chicken Parmesan Sauce).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Artichoke Souffle Pie
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 331.1
- Calories from Fat 210
- Total Fat 23.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 144.1 mg
- Sodium 489.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 12.2 g