Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Found this gem in a "Taste of Home" magazine. It was submitted by Daniel Spengler of Seattle, Washington. Excellent light pasta dish that can easily be made into a vegetarian dish by omitting the shrimp and adding mushrooms, asparagus, sun dried tomatoes and spinach. I used the wine instead of the chicken broth. As is or "doctored up", this is a great recipe.
- 4 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons butter
- 12 ounces uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 14 ounces water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup white wine or 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon creole seasoning
- Cook the linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute the red pepper, garlic and onion in oil and butter until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add the shrimp; saute until shrimp turns pink. Stir in the remaining ingredients, heat through. Drain linguine; serve with shrimp mixture.
so quick and easy, yet absolutely delicious! made exactly as is,no need to tamper with perfection.