Recipe by Just Cher
My family loves artichokes so I try to be creative. I adapted this recipe from a few others and we really enjoy it. Hope you do too!
Top Review by Caryn Gale
I made this over the weekend for a vegetarian Atkins dieting guest. My family also loves artichokes so this was a real plus. I used frozen artichoke hearts and cut them in quarters. My kids asked that I don't use the thyme next time, but I thought it was perfect.
- 1⁄2 head garlic
- boiling water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained
- 2 large onions, halved &, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- minced fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Separate garlic cloves from head and drop in boiling water for 1 minute to loosen skins.
- Remove skins and slice in half lengthwise.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add garlic, artichoke hearts, onion and lemon juice.
- Sauté until onions are tender.
- Season with salt pepper & thyme.
- Add butter, cover& simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add vinegar and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley.