1/2 Photos of Artichoke Salad
georgian girl's Note:
I have seen this recipe on my favorite channel (food network) and it looked so colorful with all the veggies , that I decided to make it in the same day for my parent in laws together with Acharuli xachapuri (Georgian Cheese bread) that made a great combination. Thank God, all went well and they loved both dishes:). I made some changes in the original recipe as always and it worked pretty well. The saltiness of capers and marinated peppers and artichokes is balanced with nice chunks of fresh mozzarella and little pieces of celery give crunch and great texture to the softness of those veggies. Here it is my artichoke salad with basil pesto dressing and grilled chicken breasts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11. place artichoke hearts into the pan, drizzle with some olive oil and roast them in the oven for about 20-25 minutes.
- 22. sprinkle salt and pepper on the chicken breasts and grill or pan roast them, let them cool down little bit and then slice into bite size pieces.
- 33. cut cherry tomatoes into halves.
- 44. slice the peppers into stripes.
- 55. chop celery sticks into small cubes.
- 66. cut mozzarella into 1 inch size pieces.
- 77. Mix all the ingredients in the large bowl, add capers, salt, pepper and pesto, stir well and let it sit for about 30 minutes in the fridge so that every ingredient absorbs the flavor.
- 8Basil pesto.
- 9• 1 clove of garlic.
- 10• 7-8 pcs of basil.
- 11• ½ cup of olive oil.
- 12• 1 table spoon of viniger.
- 13• ½ lemon juice.
- 14• ½ cup of pine nuts or walnuts.
- 15• salt, pepper.
- 17• chop garlic and basil roughly and place them in the food processor.
- 18• add walnuts and keep processing.
- 19• add lemon juice, vinegar, oil, salt and pepper.
- 20• after all ingredients are well incorporated and mixed, turn the food processor off and check the taste.
- 21• If you are happy with the taste, toss pesto over the salad mix and let it sit for about 30 minutes to incorporate the flavor.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Artichoke Salad
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 133.2
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 39.1 mg
- Sodium 512.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 14.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
marinated roasted red peppers