Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Easy to make and looks beautiful on an appetizer platter.
- 1 fresh artichoke
- 2 -3 standard-sized fresh organic roses
- Slice stem from bottom of artichoke so it stands without wobbling.
- Pull off any bottom leaves that have spread out from the globe.
- Slice off the top of the artichoke, about 1 to 1-1/2 inches from the top.
- Begin at the bottom of the artichoke. Using the larger petals for the bottom rows, place each rose petal with the stem side in between each artichoke leaf.
- The thorns on the artichoke leaves should help secure the petals.
- Work in a circular motion around the base, decreasing the petal size as you work toward the top. The smallest rose petals should be slightly folded and inserted straight into the cut top of the artichoke.
- The artichoke rose should only take about 15 minutes to put together.
- It is best made within a few hours of use.
- Refrigerate until ready to use as an appetizer tray garnish or party table decoration.