- 2 (6 ounce) jars marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives (I omitted these because I didn't have them(turned out okay) or 2 tablespoons green onion tops (I omitted these because I didn't have them(turned out okay)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon coarse-grained Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 12 cups torn romaine lettuce (I used baby spinach)
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced (I used much more red onion than this)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved (I used roma tomatoes)
- parmesan cheese, freshly grated (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mince 1 jar artichoke hearts in processor.
- Mix in next 5 ingredients.
- Transfer mixture to large bowl.
- Add mayonnaise; whisk until smooth.
- Gradually whisk in oil.
- Cover; chill dressing for at least 30 minutes to allow flavors to develop.
- (Can be made 3 days ahead. Cover; keep chilled.) Meanwhile, allow red onions to soak in ice-cold water to take out some of the"bite," if your onions are bitter or very strong.
- (This only takes about 30 minutes).
- Combine greens, onions and tomatoes in bowl.
- Toss with enough dressing to coat.
- Top with remaining artichokes and Parmesan.