Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe comes from the Jefferson-Day House in Hudson, Wisconsin. They serve this to guests as they check in. Artichoke lovers will love this recipe.
- 1 (8 count) package refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1⁄2 cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise, reduced calorie is ok
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sweet red peppers or 1⁄2 cup green sweet pepper (or both)
- nonstick cooking spray, coating
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll crescent roll dough; seal perforations between rolls; with a lightly floured rolling pin, roll crescent roll dough into a 15x7 1/2-inch rectangle.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the parmesan cheese and mayonnaise; stir in artichoke hearts; spread mixture on dough, leaving 1/2 inch on each side; sprinkle with sweet pepper.
- Beginning at one long end, roll up dough; moisten and pinch edges to seal; spray a baking sheet with non-stick coating; place roll on baking sheet.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 30 minutes, or till golden brown.
- Let cool for a few minutes before slicing.
- Best to serve with forks.
These were amazing. I added some mozzerela cheese and divided the dough into 4 small rectangles, rolling each one and cooking side by side like logs in the baking the baking dish. They were smaller pieces which were more managable as appetizers. Everyone went nuts for them. Great recipe with minimal preperation and big impact on guest! By the way, I was rumaging through the pantry to find artichoke hearts and saw asparagus spears. Hmmm. I bet they'd taste good in this recipe as a change from artichokes!