My Mom always makes this for any lunch or brunch we have at her house. It is delicious and is always a big hit. I like to make it a day ahead to give the flavors time to marry.
- 1 cup Uncle Ben's converted brand rice
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1 1⁄2 cups marinated artichoke hearts, drained, but save 1/4 cup marinade
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup flat leaf parsley, minced
- 1 lb plum tomato, seeded & chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated (use best quality only)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- salt & pepper
- Cook rice in the chicken stock according to directions on box & cool.
- Chop artichoke hearts to bite size.
- Add artichokes, green onions, parsley, tomatoes and parmesan to rice.
- Mix together mayonnaise & marinade and blend into rice mixture. Season w/ salt & pepper.
This was a great recipe! I did use regular rice cooked in the chicken stock as I didn't have any Uncle Ben's. Otherwise, followed the directions as written. I had some of the salad right away for lunch, but it did, indeed, taste much better the next day. Have already given the recipe out to friends!
Very good!!! I used brown rice and I loved it!
We love artichokes and I have made many rice and artichoke dish before, but never with tomatoes and green onion. What a great combination. I put it all together earlier in the day and then just microwaved it a bit before serving. Yummmmmmm. Thanks for sharing, xtine.