Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my absolute favorite dish! It is different but Very Yummy!
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) package chicken rice-a-roni
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 green pepper, diced
- 1 (4 ounce) can black olives, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped (Save Marinade)
- reserved marinade
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- cajun seasoning
- garlic salt
- black pepper
- Prepare Rice-a-Roni as directed except omit butter.
- Cool Rice-a-Roni to room temperature.
- Combine marinade, curry powder, and mayonaise.
- Add marinade to Rice-a-Roni
- Add all other ingredients
- Toss to combine and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
This is the first time I have had artichoke salad and it IS yummy! I had not eaten artichoke hearts before and bought some around Thanksgiving time. I wanted to use them up as I did not like them plain so I tried this recipe. Easy and good! I used a dash of red hot sauce instead of the cajun seasoning and it was fine. I put a couple of shakes of garlic salt on it and a few grinds of pepper. I think this is a new favorite at our house. :-)