Recipe by iris5555
A Giada DeLaurentiis recipe. The lemon flavor is prominent so you may want to decrease the amount of zest or juice if you are not a lemon lover.
Top Review by mandabears
i have made this before and was going to post it, so thanks for saving the trouble. lol. i stopped using the lemon zest after making the recipe the first time. i think it gave the pesto a bitter taste that we did not care for. very good recipe. i have also substituted the frozen artichokes wtih well drained canned artichoke with good results.
- 1 (8 ounce) package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves, packed down
- 1⁄2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor combine the artichokes, parsley, walnuts, lemon zest and juice, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Run the machine to finely chop all the ingredients, stopping the machine a few times to scrape down the sides.
- Then, with the machine running, drizzle in the extra-virgin olive oil.
- Mix in parmesan and serve with crostini.