I love artichokes and this sounds like something you would get from a restaurant. posting for safe keeping...
- nonstick cooking spray
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cansdiced tomatoes with basil, oregano, and garlic
- 2 (14 ounce) cans artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 12 ounces dried linguine, fettucine or 12 ounces other favorite pasta
- 1⁄2 cup pimento stuffed olives, and (optional) or pitted ripe olives (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese (optional) or 1⁄2 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese (optional)
- Coat the inside of a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Drain two of the cans of diced tomatoes (do not drain remaining can).
- In the prepared cooker, stir together drained and undrained tomatoes, the artichoke hearts, and garlic
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours.
- Stir in whipping cream; let stand about 5 minutes to heat through
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Serve sauce over hot cooked pasta.
- If desired, top with olives and/or cheese.