1/2 Photos of Artichoke, Pancetta and Spinach Frittata
East Wind Goddess's Note:
Great accompanied by fresh fruit and mimosas made with prosecco.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 59.14 ml chopped pancetta
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 473.18 ml fresh spinach, chopped
- 8 eggs or 236.59 ml Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 6 artichoke hearts, quarters
- 118.29 ml asiago cheese, grated
- 59.14 ml white wine
- 59.14 ml sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh basil
- 14.79 ml fresh rosemary, chopped
- 29.58 ml pine nuts
- sea salt
- white pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 500 degreed F.
- 2Put sun dried tomatoes in wine and allow to partially rehydrate for 15 minutes.
- 3Whisk eggs together with a pinch of sea salt and white pepper.
- 4In an all-metal pan, heat olive oil.
- 5Begin frying the pancetta, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- 6Add shallots and cook until soft.
- 7Add spinach and cook for 2 minutes, stirring.
- 8Add sun dried tomatoes, basil and rosemary.
- 9Add egg mixture to the pan.
- 10Agitate the eggs into the other ingredients and add in the cheese bit by bit. Hold about a tablespoon back.
- 11Remove the pan from the heat and arrange the artichoke quarters evenly around the pan.
- 12Sprinkle the pine nuts over the mixture
- 13Finish with the last tablespoon of cheese.
- 14Put the pan in the oven's center rack and bake for 10 minutes or until firm in the center.
- 15Slide out of the pan and cut into 6 slices.
- 17You'll need an all-metal pan to take this dish from the stove to the oven in the true frittata style. (Alternatively, the portions could be baked in individual ramekins, just mix all the the ingredients into the eggs, then pour into the ramekins and bake). Made with egg substitute, this is a more healthful and low fat brunch item, great accompanied by fresh fruit and mimosas made with prosecco.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Artichoke, Pancetta and Spinach Frittata
Serving Size: 1 (217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 209.3
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 282.0 mg
- Sodium 546.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 13.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: