Recipe by Kozmic Blues
This recipe came in the weekly emails I receive from the Meatless Monday website. It looked so delicious I just had to try it. Perfect as a starter to an Italian or Mediterranean themed meal. Serve with crusty bread or pitas.
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 3 roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onions, minced
- 1⁄4 cup kalamata olive, sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the artichoke hearts, tomatoes, red onion, olives, garlic and basil together in a medium sized bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add enough olive oil so that the salsa reaches desired consistency.
- Cover and refrigerate for 20-30 minutes before serving.