Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is NOT a creamy sauce pasta, but a juicy type sauce. This is from Country Casseroles cookbook.
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked pasta, rotini or 1 1⁄2 cups penne
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 (15 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, Undrained
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1 (6 ounce) can black olives, drained
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray 2 quart casserole with cooking spray.
- Cook pasta according to directions, drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Add onion and pepper, cook and stir 1 minute. Add pasta and remaining ingredients, except cheese. Stir until combined.
- Place half of the chicken and pasta mixture in dish, sprinkle half the cheese. Top with remaining chicken mixture and cheese.
- Bake, covered, for 35 minutes.
I havent had too many dishes with artichoke hearts and I really enjoy them :D I think it could have used a bit more cheese though but that is just me.