Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
These cheesy appetizers are great for nibbling or special occasions. Very tasty! I got this recipe from Taste Of Home.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) jars marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (8 ounces)
- 1⁄3 cup crushed saltine (about 10 crackers)
- In a small skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender.
- Stir in artichokes.
- Remove from heat; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, parsley, salt, pepper, oregano and hot pepper sauce.
- Stir in cheese, cracker crumbs and artichoke mixture.
- Pour into a greased 11x7x2-inch baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325 degrees for 25-30 minutes or unil a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10-15 minutes before cutting into 1-inch squares.
- Serve warm.