Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
Better make planty of these- they disappear fast! Originally from an April 1978 issue of Bon Appetit.
- 2 (6 ounce) jars marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup plain fine breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Drain marinade from 1 jar of artichokes hearts into medium skillet.
- Drain second jar and discard marinade (or reserve for use in salads).
- Chop artichokes and set aside.
- Heat oil, add onion and garlic and saute until onion is limp, about 5 minutes.
- Combine eggs,breadcrumbs,salt, pepper, oregano and hot sauce.
- Fold in cheese and parsley.
- Add artichokes and sauteed onion mixture, blending well.
- Pour into a greased 9 inch square baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly before cutting into 1 inch squares.
- * May be prepared a day or two ahead and reheated 10 to 12 minutes.
I have served this many times. Great appetizer. Thanks for posting.