Recipe by Sweet Diva MJ
A want-to-try recipe from Quick Cooking.
Top Review by NurseJaney
*Made for Australia/NZ Swap #17* This was tasty, and easy to prepare, but just too much creamy stuff, with cream cheese and mayo. Needs some body, such as chopped mushroom stems, sauteed sausage, or chopped tomatoes. I baked in the oven at 425 degrees for 12 minutes, and it was warm -- could have gone a tad longer. Was a nice side to baked scallops and FRESH Swiss chard. Thanks for posting.
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons green onions, finely chopped
- 20 -25 large fresh mushrooms, stems removed
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth.
- Beat in the artichokes, Parmesan cheese and onion.
- Lightly spray tops of mushrooms with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spoon cheese mixture into mushroom caps.
- Combine bread crumbs and oil; sprinkle over mushrooms.
- Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Yield: about 2 dozen.