Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 1 3⁄4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 ounces grated parmesan cheese
- 2⁄3 cup butter, diced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 ounces parma ham
- 7 ounces cans artichoke hearts, drained
- 7⁄8 cup creme fraiche
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- ground black pepper
- Place flour, parmesan cheese, butter, and a pinch of salt in food processor.
- Process briefly.
- Add the egg and 1 tablespoon oil through feeder tube, adding extra oil if necessary; you should be able to bring the dough together in your hands.
- Wrap in plastic, and chill for 1 hour.
- 2 Roll out to fit a 9 inch quiche pan with a loose bottom.
- Prick all over.
- Chill for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
- 3 Line pastry with foil, and cover bottom with uncooked beans.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 15 minutes.
- Remove foil and beans, and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Remove and cool.
- 4 Saute; mushrooms in 1 tablespoon olive oil for 10 minutes.
- Drain and cool.
- 5 Lay ham over the pastry base, and top with mushrooms and artichokes.
- Beat together creme fraiche, eggs, parsley, and milk.
- Season well with black pepper and salt; pour mixture over the ham and vegetables.
- Bake for 40 minutes, until golden.
- Serve warm or cold.