Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 28 mins
artichokes? cheese? pasta? What more could you want in life? lol This is a recipe from Robin to the Rescue by Robin Miller. Looks delish.
- cooking spray
- 1 lb manicotti
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts (drained)
- 1⁄2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese, plus more as desired
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Coat a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking apray.
- Cook the manicotti shells according to the package directions, then drain.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine the artichoke hearts, ricotta, mozzarella, and oregano and process until smooth. Spoon the mixture into the manicotti shells and place the shells side by side in the prepared pan. Set aside.
- Place the pine nuts in a small dry skillet and toast them until golden brown, about 3 minutes, shaking the pan frequently to prevent burning. Transfer the nuts to a food processor, add the basil, heavy cream, oil, parmesan, and garlic, and process until smooth. Pour over the stuffed manicotti in the pan.
- Bake the manicotti until the sauce is bubbly and the top is golden brown, about 25 minutes. Top with extra parmesan before serving if desired.