1/6 Photos of Artichoke Linguine
This is an easy, elegant and yummy pasta recipe. It has a mild flavor. It is my husbands favorite.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (12 ounce) bag frozen artichoke hearts, 2 cups (defrosted or not just may need to cook a little longer if you add them frozen)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, shredded (more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, shredded (more to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb linguine, cooked and drained
- 1Boil pasta according to directions.
- 2In the meantime, melt the 1/4 cup of butter with the 1/4 cup of oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour and stir until smooth, about 3 minutes. Blend in the stock, stirring until thickened, about 1 minute.
- 3Reduce heat to low. Add the garlic, parsley, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 4Blend in the artichokes and the 2 tbsp of parmesan cheese.
- 5Cover and simmer over low heat for about 8 minutes.
- 6Melt the remaining butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in the remaining oil, cheese, and salt. Add linguine and toss lightly.
- 7Arrange pasta on a platter and pour sauce over all. (I usually just toss it all together.).
- 8Serve immediately. (It still tastes good as leftovers too.).
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Artichoke Linguine
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 809.6
- Calories from Fat 347
- Total Fat 38.5 g
- Saturated Fat 13.1 g
- Cholesterol 43.2 mg
- Sodium 438.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 96.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 20.5 g