This is an easy, elegant and yummy pasta recipe. It has a mild flavor. It is my husbands favorite.
Make and share this Artichoke Linguine recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (12 ounce) bag frozen artichoke hearts, 2 cups (defrosted or not just may need to cook a little longer if you add them frozen)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, shredded (more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, shredded (more to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb linguine, cooked and drained
- Boil pasta according to directions.
- In the meantime, melt the 1/4 cup of butter with the 1/4 cup of oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour and stir until smooth, about 3 minutes. Blend in the stock, stirring until thickened, about 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to low. Add the garlic, parsley, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Blend in the artichokes and the 2 tbsp of parmesan cheese.
- Cover and simmer over low heat for about 8 minutes.
- Melt the remaining butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in the remaining oil, cheese, and salt. Add linguine and toss lightly.
- Arrange pasta on a platter and pour sauce over all. (I usually just toss it all together.).
- Serve immediately. (It still tastes good as leftovers too.).