Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A simple pasta supper that's packed with Italian flavor.
- 5 ounces spaghetti
- 4 ounces marinated artichoke hearts, drained and sliced
- 1⁄2 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1 ounce parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon basil, shredded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Cook the spaghetti following pack instructions.
- Put the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl with 1 tbsp olive oil, season really well and mix.
- Drain the pasta, keep 2 tbsp of the cooking water, then toss everything together.
So easy and really yummy! I used artichoke hearts that were not marinated (probably saved a few calories there) and also used the juice and zest of a whole lemon. I also saute'd the artichoke hearts for a minute with a finely minced clove of garlic and added a little white wine (there go the calories I just saved). I didn't have any parmesean on hand so I substituted feta, sprinkling it on top after the pasta was served. Then I topped it all with minced basil leaves and served.