Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 hrs
This is a very tasty and elegant crock pot dish.
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1⁄2 lbs lean stewing beef, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed beef consomme, undiluted
- 2 medium onions, halved and sliced
- 1 cup Burgundy wine or 1 cup beef broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) jars marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 30 small fresh mushrooms, halved
- hot cooked noodles (optional)
- In shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add the beef and toss to coat.
- In a skillet, brown the beef in oil; transfer to a crock pot with a slotted spoon.
- Gradually add the consommé to the skillet.
- Bring to a boil and stir to loosen browned bits from pan. Stir in the onions, wine or broth, and if you choose, garlic and dill.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours or until the meat is almost tender.
- Stir in the artichokes and mushrooms and cook 30 minutes longer or until heated through.
- Serve over noodles or not--it’s up to you.