Artichoke Herbed Beef Stew for the Crock Pot
- In shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add the beef and toss to coat.
- In a skillet, brown the beef in oil; transfer to a crock pot with a slotted spoon.
- Gradually add the consommé to the skillet.
- Bring to a boil and stir to loosen browned bits from pan. Stir in the onions, wine or broth, and if you choose, garlic and dill.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours or until the meat is almost tender.
- Stir in the artichokes and mushrooms and cook 30 minutes longer or until heated through.
- Serve over noodles or not--it’s up to you.