Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
An appetizer from Dr. and Mrs. Atkins. (Quick & Easy New Diet Cookbook)
- 1⁄4 lb thinly sliced bacon
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichokes, drained,cut in half or 1 (10 1/2 ounce) package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed,cut in half
- Preheat the broiler.
- Cut the bacon slices in half, place on a baking sheet, and broil for 3 minutes.
- Let the bacon cool enough to handle.
- Wrap each artichoke half in a piece of bacon, broiled side facing inward, and secure with a toothpick.
- Broil 4 to 5 minutes, or until the bacon is brown and crisp.
A wonderful and easy appetizer! I doubled it and served it for a dinner party this weekend. It was a big hit!
These were spectacular little appy's. I used marinated artichoke hearts. My hubby and I loved them and the were fast and easy! THanks so much for contributing to my beautiful Valentines dinner for me and my husband!
I love this H'ors d'Oeuvres recipe. It is not only pleasing to the taste buds, but also healthy! Artichokes are low calorie. a One medium Artichoke is an excellent source of fiber and vitamin C, and a good source of folate and magnesium. They are also a great source of disease-fighting antioxidants.