Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
An interesting side dish that's done in a matter of minutes! So simple, yet this dish adds elegance to any meal!
- Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and 1 tablespoon parsley; stir 30 seconds.
- Add artichokes and stir to coat.
- Cover skillet, simmer until arichokes are tender, about 12 minutes.
- Uncover, simmer until juices thicken and coat artichokes, stirring occasionally, about 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to bowl; sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon parlsley.
Very simple, and tasty. I added more olive oil, plus lemon juice to mine. I also added some water towards the end to keep the artichokes from burning. You don't want the heat too high for these, or they will burn.
I'm not going to rate this because I burned it! This is possibly because the lid I used wasn't made for the pan, so it allowed steam to escape, or perhaps my artichoke hearts didn't have as much moisture in them. I didn't want to lift the lid to check on them because that certainly would have let steam escape, so it was only when I smelled them burning that I opened it and added some water. Other people may want to consider adding some kind of liquid before covering the pan. Only half of it burned, though, so I did get to taste this dish, and it was good.