Recipe by kiwidutch
A recipe for mushroom lovers, a different salad to refresh your summer days. Posted for Zaar World Tours: GREECE, since this is a recipe in the Greek style.
Top Review by CraftScout
First of all, THANK YOU for posting the second set of measurements! While I can see it being confusing if someone changes the number of servings, since I didn't it was a great help! Secondly, I wasn't entirely sure where the garlic was supposed to come in, so I sauteed it with the onions, and used quartered artichoke hearts. The red of the dressing looked a little odd to us (that color should be on a hot pasta, not cold salad! lol), but it is VERY tasty! Thank you for posting, made for ZWT4.
- 25 ml olive oil (for dressing, 2 Tablespoons)
- 50 ml olive oil (3 Tablespoons)
- 15 ml white wine vinegar (1 Tablespoon)
- 10 ml tomato puree (2 Tablespoons)
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons basil, fresh, chopped
- 175 g button onions, skinned (6 oz)
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 225 g button mushrooms, wiped (8oz)
- 2 (400 g) cans artichoke hearts (14oz)
Directions See How It's Made
- Make the dressing by combining 2 Tablespoons of the olive oil with the vinegar, tomato purée, thyme(or basil), salt and pepper and whisking well.
- Blanch the onions in boiling water for 5 minutes and drain well.
- Heat 3 Tablespoons of olive oil, add the blanched onions and sugar and cook for several minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and toss over a high heat for 30 seconds- to one minute.
- Add the mushroom mixture to the dressing, then add the artichoke hearts and mix well.
- Cover and chill before serving.