Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Turkish Style Artichoke Hearts in Olive Oil. Perfect side dish for those hot summer days.
- 4 medium fresh artichokes
- 2 medium potatoes
- 2 small carrots
- 1 cup fresh peas
- 1 small onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 lemon
- fresh dill
- Cube the onions, potatoes and the carrots (1/4 inch thick).
- Next, cut out artichoke hearts. Here is a great way to do it: http://localfoods.about.com/od/preparationtips/ss/ArtichokeHearts.htm. It has pictures as well. Remember to rub the artichoke heart with lemon to prevent it from turning brown.
- In a pan sweat the onions in olive oil, then add other vegetables (including the artichoke hearts). Add salt and fry in low heat 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour water over the vegetables (enough to cover) and let it cook in low heat till the vegetables are all soft (15 minutes).
- Once cooked put the artichoke hearts on a plate and fill the centers with the vegetables. Cover the top with a piece of fresh dill weed.
- Serve cold.