1/2 Photos of Artichoke Hearts, Green Peas and Mushrooms in a Lemon Sauce
Another winner from The Mediterranean Vegan Kitchen. I have to tell you that I shamelessly cheat with this recipe and use frozen artichoke hearts from Trader Joe's-saves a significant amount of time. Use fresh artichokes if you wish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen artichoke hearts, defrosted (can also use canned artichoke hearts that are not marinated)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces brown button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh green peas (thawed if frozen) or 1 cup frozen green pea (thawed if frozen)
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1Place the artichoke hearts in a non-reactive bowl, pour 2 tablespoons of the fresh lemon juice over them and stir carefully. Set aside.
- 2In a medium non-stick, non-reactive skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and saute, stirring constantly just until they release their juices, about 2 minutes. The mushrooms should not be slimey!
- 3Add the green peas, broth, and the remaining lemon juice. Bring mixture to a simmer over medium-high heat. Cover pan, reduce the heat and simmer gently until the green peas are just tender (10-15 minutes for fresh peas and 3-5 minutes for frozen peas.).
- 4Uncover pot and add the artichoke hearts including the lemon juice in which the hearts were marinating. With pan still uncovered, over low heat, stirring gently, cook until heated through.
- 5Serve with pasta and a loaf of artisan bread to soak up the delicious sauce.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Artichoke Hearts, Green Peas and Mushrooms in a Lemon Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 115.1
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 43.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 5.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: