Prep 35 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe came from a Woman's Day cookbook. I like this recipe because it calls for frozen hearts instead of canned.
- 2 (9 ounce) packages frozen artichoke hearts
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup grated swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon fine dry breadcrumb
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cook artichokes according to package directions.
- Drain and reserve 1/2 cup liquid.
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Stir in salt, pepper, onion salt, dry mustard and flour.
- Gradually stir in artichoke liquid and milk.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened; remove from heat.
- Stir hot sauce gradually into egg and half of cheese; blend well.
- Put artichokes in a layer in shallow baking dish; cover with sauce.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese, crumbs, and paprika.
- Bake at 450 degrees for about 15 minutes.