Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe in a Best of International Cooking Book that I have been dying to try. So of course I say to myself, thats perfect for ZWT3 France! A salad topped with artichoke hearts and shrimp! The picture in the book looks very yummy.
- 12 shrimp (peeled and cooked, fresh or frozen)
- 8 small artichokes
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 small head lettuce
- 1 garlic clove
- 59.14 ml vegetable oil
- 0.25 ml sugar
- 0.25 ml white pepper
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, cut in wedges
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh dill
- Thaw shrimp if frozen. Remove artichoke stalks and top -leaves.
- In a large saucepan, combine 3 cups water, 1 teaspoon of salt and juice of 1 lemon. Add artichokes and enough hot water to cover. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes.
- Set aside to cool in cooking water.
- Remove choke and outside leaves from each cooled artichoke. Cut large artichoke into quarters: cut small hearts in halves If lettuce leaves are large, tear into small pieces; arrange in a serving bowl.
- Crush garlic with a pinch of salt.
- In a small bowl, baeth together remaining lemon juice, garlic-salt mixture, oil, sugar, and white pepper.
- Arrange artichoke hearts, egg wedges, and shrimp on lettuce. Pour dressing over top; sprinkle with dill.