I found this recipe in a Best of International Cooking Book that I have been dying to try. So of course I say to myself, thats perfect for ZWT3 France! A salad topped with artichoke hearts and shrimp! The picture in the book looks very yummy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Thaw shrimp if frozen. Remove artichoke stalks and top -leaves.
- 2In a large saucepan, combine 3 cups water, 1 teaspoon of salt and juice of 1 lemon. Add artichokes and enough hot water to cover. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes.
- 3Set aside to cool in cooking water.
- 4Remove choke and outside leaves from each cooled artichoke. Cut large artichoke into quarters: cut small hearts in halves If lettuce leaves are large, tear into small pieces; arrange in a serving bowl.
- 5Crush garlic with a pinch of salt.
- 6In a small bowl, baeth together remaining lemon juice, garlic-salt mixture, oil, sugar, and white pepper.
- 7Arrange artichoke hearts, egg wedges, and shrimp on lettuce. Pour dressing over top; sprinkle with dill.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Artichoke-Heart Salad
Serving Size: 1 (275 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g