Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Use this as a side or as a filling for a pita sandwich with hummus. Cooking time is chilling time. From Moosewood Restaurant.
- 4 ripe medium tomatoes
- 8 canned artichoke hearts (not marinated)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, pressed (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon (or a 1/4 tsp dried)
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil (or 1/4 tsp dried)
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese
- Cut each tomato into 6 wedges and each artichoke into halves.
- Blend the rest of the ingredients and pour over the vegetables. Toss.
- Chill for 20 minutes.
I, too, reduced the oil, but found it very refreshing on a hot day! Thanks for sharing! Made for ZWT9
Terrific and easy to make. I cut the oil down to 2 tbsp to cut the fat calories. I used the dried basil and tarragon, but added in some chopped fresh parsley to get some fresh herb flavor. This makes a wonderful side dish to pretty much anything and it's ready in minutes. Thanx for posting this!
I really enjoyed this salad. I have to agree with another reviewer that there's too much oil; but other than that it's outstanding. I let the leftovers sit overnight, and it was even better for lunch the next day. A great way to use some of the Roma tomatoes from my garden! Made for ZWT8