Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Use this as a side or as a filling for a pita sandwich with hummus. Cooking time is chilling time. From Moosewood Restaurant.
- 4 ripe medium tomatoes
- 8 canned artichoke hearts (not marinated)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, pressed (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon (or a 1/4 tsp dried)
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil (or 1/4 tsp dried)
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese
- Cut each tomato into 6 wedges and each artichoke into halves.
- Blend the rest of the ingredients and pour over the vegetables. Toss.
- Chill for 20 minutes.
I used about half the oil and it was fine. In fact, it was more than fine! Excellent salad! Made for CQ2016 IHPi
I, too, reduced the oil, but found it very refreshing on a hot day! Thanks for sharing! Made for ZWT9
Terrific and easy to make. I cut the oil down to 2 tbsp to cut the fat calories. I used the dried basil and tarragon, but added in some chopped fresh parsley to get some fresh herb flavor. This makes a wonderful side dish to pretty much anything and it's ready in minutes. Thanx for posting this!