Recipe by Mirj
These are really easy to make and everyone loves them. They are great to keep in the freezer and just pop into the oven when guest show up unexpectedly, or when you have the munchies. I usually like to roast my own peppers, but have used roasted peppers from a jar as well. If you can't get artichoke hearts packed in oil just drain the liquid and use two tablespoons of your favorite olive oil. To make this recipe Passover-friendly, just sub matzoh meal for the breadcrumbs.
Top Review by Malriah
I made these for a poker party. The guys gave it the ultimate compliment, they ate EVERY ONE of them! The recipe is very easy to follow and the results were great. I will probably make this on Sundays for our newest football munchies. Thanks for the recipe.
- 6 ounces marinated artichoke hearts
- 6 ounces roasted bell peppers
- 1 small chopped onion
- 2 minced cloves garlic
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8 inch baking dish.
- Drain the artichoke hearts, reserving 2 tablespoons of the oil.
- Drain the roasted peppers and discard the liquid.
- Finely chop the artichoke hearts and peppers and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the reserved oil, onion, and garlic.
- Cook for five minutes, or until soft and translucent.
- Remove from the heat and cool slightly.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl until thick and lemon colored.
- Beat in the remaining ingredients along with the artichoke hearts, peppers, and onion mixture.
- Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until pale golden brown.
- Cool for 15 minutes, then cut into one inch squares.
- Tightly wrap and refrigerate for up to 2 days, or freeze for up to a month.
- Serve cold, at room temperature, or gently reheated in a 300 degree oven for 5-10 minutes.