Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a Giada DeLaurentis recipe that I just love. The breadcrumbs and butter over the top, browned nicely, makes this a delicious dish.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb frozen artichoke heart, thawed
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes (I omit this)
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup marsala wine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Warm the olive oil in a heavy bottom skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the artichoke hearts, parsley, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes and cook until the artichoke hearts are starting to brown at the edges, about 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and wine and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Transfer the artichoke mixture to a 2-quart baking dish.
- Melt the butter in the same skillet used to cook the artichokes.
- In a small bowl, mix the melted butter with the bread crumbs.
- Stir in Parmesan and top the artichokes with the bread crumb mixture.
- Bake until the top is golden, about 10 minutes.