Recipe by DoubleA's Mom
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis from the Food Network. A really great side dish if you are wanting to do something different for a change.
Top Review by Naturelover
I thought I rated this but I guess I did not. This is one of my favorite recipes. I double the bread crumb mixture, because I love it. Probably doubling the breadcrumb mixture wouldn't be for everyone. Maybe I reviewed this on another site. Anyway it is a great recipe, and I highly recommend it.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb frozen artichoke heart, thawed
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup marsala wine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Warm the olive oil in a heavy bottom skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the artichoke hearts, parsley, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes and cook until the artichoke hearts are starting to brown at the edges, about 3 minutes. Add the chicken broth and wine and simmer for 3 minutes. Transfer the artichoke mixture to a 2-quart baking dish.
- Melt the butter in the same skillet used to cook the artichokes. In a small bowl mix the melted butter with the bread crumbs. Stir in the Parmesan and top the artichokes with the bread crumbs. Bake until the top is golden, about 10 minutes.