Recipe by Julie in TX
If you love artichokes and garlic, you'll enjoy this dish. I adapted it from a dish a friend makes. I serve it as a side dish with baked chicken. I sometimes throw in some peeled shrimp for a different taste and it becomes a main dish. A good salad and some crusty bread makes it a good meal.
- 1⁄2 lb linguine
- 2 (6 ounce) jars marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried basil leaves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 2 cups diced fresh roma tomatoes (not canned)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook linguine according to the package directions.
- While the linguine is cooking, chop the artichoke hearts into small pieces.
- The oil the artichoke hearts are packed in should be poured into a large saucepan.
- Heat over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add basil, oregano, and thyme.
- Add linguine and heat through, stirring frequently to prevent it from sticking.
- If the pasta seems a little too dry, drizzle a little extra virgin olive oil over it and toss.
- Fold in the tomatoes and diced artichoke hearts.
- Make sure the artichoke hearts and tomatoes are at room temperature so they don't cool the pasta.