Recipe by Lvs2Cook
A twist on garlic bread! You can use 2 small baguettes instead of the larger one. Do not use the marinated artichoke hearts.
Top Review by ewells
This is a recipe my mom gave me several years ago, entitled "Glorious Garlic Bread." I haven't made it in about a year, but the ingredients are identical. It is so, SO good! You will not regret making this!! I actually lost the recipe and was hoping I could find it as I want to make it tonight. Thanks for posting it!! I'm adding it to my cookbook so I won't lose it again. :)
- 1 lb French baguette
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups cubed monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and cut-up
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the baguettes in half lengthwise.
- Tear out the soft part of each half to form a shell, reserving the torn bread.
- Saute the garlic and sesame seeds in butter in a skillet for 2 minutes or until tender ~ do not brown.
- Add the torn bread to the garlic and saute until bread turns brown.
- Remove from heat.
- Add sour cream, Monterey Jack, Parmesan, parsley, lemon pepper and artichoke hearts and mix well.
- Arrange bread shells on a baking sheet.
- Fill with the artichoke mixture and sprinkle each half with Cheddar.
- Bake at 350º for 30 minutes; cool slightly.
- Cut into slices and serve.