Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is an old standby that we use here at the "home" and amazingly, the residents, eat it but they leave out a little of the spinach. Found this in a drawer with the ingredient quantities, as we use more of each, but I don't know from where it came. This is easy and with some chicken and some fruit, the meal is complete. Didn't account for chilling time.
- 8 ounces artichoke hearts, chopped
- 10 ounces canned garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 cups cooked pasta shells or 2 cups spiral shaped pasta or 2 cups rigatoni pasta
- 1 1⁄3 cups fresh spinach leaves, chopped
- 3⁄4 large tomato, chopped
- 3⁄4 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sliced button mushroom
- pimento stuffed olive, chopped (optional)
- 2 teaspoons olives or 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons water
- 3⁄4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano or 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons feta cheese, grated
- Mix artichoke hearts, garbanzo beans, pasta, spinach leaves, tomato, bell pepper, mushrooms & pimento-stuffed olives(if using) in a large bowl.
- Blend olive oil, lemon juice, water, garlic, oregano or Italian seasoning, black pepper, crushed red pepper flakes, & salt(if using) in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Pour over salad and toss.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Top with feta cheese before serving.