Reprinted from Cooking for Two or More by the Pampered Chef Test Kitchens. "The marinated artichokes in this classic Italian egg dish lend it a delicious, tart flavor."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 85.04 g reduced-fat cream cheese, softened (Neufchatel)
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 0.59 ml fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 4 eggs
- 170.09 g jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and finely chopped
- 29.58 ml snipped fresh basil, divided
- 29.58 ml grated fresh parmesan cheese
- roasted red pepper sauce (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350˚F. Place cream cheese, garlic and black pepper in small batter bowl; whisk until smooth. Whisk in eggs one at a time. Stir in artichokes and 1 tablespoon of the basil.
- 2Heat (8-inch) sauté pan over medium heat until hot. Lightly spray with vegetable oil. Add egg mixture; cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Place pan in oven; bake 12-14 minutes until egg mixture is set in center. Remove from oven; sprinkle with cheese and remaining 1 tablespoon basil. Using small nylon turner, cut frittata into wedges. Serve with roasted red pepper sauce, if desired.
- 3Roasted Red Pepper Sauce: Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in (1.5-qt) saucepan over medium heat until hot. Add 2 tablespoons chopped onion; cook and stir until softened, about 3 minutes. Add 1 large roasted red bell pepper, chopped, 1 1/2 tablespoons tomato paste, 1 1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar and 2 tablespoons water. Transfer mixture to blender container or food processor. Cover; blend until smooth. Return sauce to saucepan; heat over low heat until hot.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Artichoke Frittata
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 303.5
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 400.3 mg
- Sodium 487.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 20.9 g