Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a recipe I make quite often to bring to parties. Very easy and yummy.
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained & chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cut the loaf in half lengthwise, then tear the center from the bread, leaving a shell.
- Brown the torn bread pieces in a skillet with butter, sesame seeds and garlic. Stir in sour cream, Monterey Jack cheese, parmesan cheese, parsley and artichoke hearts. Place this mixture back in bread shells and top with cheddar cheese. Bake at 350F for 30 minutes. Cover with foil for the first 15 minutes. Slice and serve.
This was, as promised, very easy and very yummy. It traveled well wrapped in foil and people loved it. We even had some left over which reheated in foil beautifully! I imagine this would be good with added spinach or bacon. I will definately make this again, and maybe try artichokes in other things.