Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Posted by request - I have not made this recipe.
- 5 large artichokes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 bay leaves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves, crushed
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 cup dry vermouth
- 1⁄3 cup dry sherry
- Rinse the artichokes.
- Cut off base and top 1/3 of each artichoke.
- Trim the tips of the leaves with kitchen shears, if desired.
- Pull back the leaves from the center and scrape out the fuzzy choke with a spoon.
- Stand the artichokes, stem side up, close together in large saucepan or pot and add just enough water to cover.
- Heat to boiling, and then add the onion, celery, bay leaves, chives, parsley, garlic, lemon pepper, thyme and olive oil.
- Cover tightly and boil for 25 minutes.
- Uncover, add the vermouth and sherry, reduce heat and simmer until artichokes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Spoon the pan juices over the artichokes to serve.