Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This dip came from a family friend about 7 years ago. Its the most requested item I've ever seen. People always expect me to make it for every little event and get quite upset when there isn't a "warm dip item" about. I tend to keep the ingredients on hand so I can whip up a batch if its called for.
- 1 round sourdough loaf
- 500 ml mayonnaise
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, ground
- 340 ml artichoke hearts packed in oil, drained
- 2 garlic cloves
- Toss the garlic and artichoke hearts into a food processor. Blend until chunky.
- Add rest of ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Cut center out of sourdough to form a bowl and cut top into bite sized chunks. Make slits in bowl edges so it can be broken apart later.
- Put onto baking sheet with bread chunks around it. Fill with dip and bake at 350 degrees for 10-20 minutes or until warmed through.
- Eat hot, or cold if you wish. Leftover will stay in fridge until next day.
One of my PAC picks Spring 2007 I had to use a French boulle as I couldn't get my hands on a sourdough round. I didn't care for it (too used to spinach/artichocke dips) so I sent it to my son's and he and his girls loved it. So thanks to David I'm guessing he'd begiving you a four-star review. Thanks for sharing!