Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a really good Italian-like artichoke dip with no spinach. Refrigerate for a week or freeze for a month.
- 15 ounces seasoned bread crumbs
- 4 (14 ounce) cans artichoke hearts
- 2 cups olive oil
- 4 lemons
- 2 cups grated romano cheese
- 4 garlic cloves
- Juice the lemons and discard the rest (or keep for garnishing).
- Combine the bread crumbs, water from the artichokes, lemon juice and olive oil.
- Put the artichoke hearts in the blender and blend on high.
- Add the artichoke hearts to the mixture.
- Add cheese, garlic, and red pepper.
- Put in a 4 quart dish and bake at 350 for 20 minutes until warmed through.
- To garnish with the lemons shave off the rind into ringlets and put the ringlets around the outside of the dish.