Recipe by PSU Lioness
This one is from a blog called Closet Cooking and it looks divine! You bake the dip on top of the bread so all you have to do is bake, slice and serve!
Top Review by hcpugliese
Made this for a get together and everyone loved it! VERY easy to make which is always great. It did take a little longer to brown than the recipe indicates but well worth the little extra time!! I've already passed the recipe out to several people who requested it.
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated (parmesan)
- 1 loaf Italian bread, sliced in half lengthwise
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the artichoke hearts, green onions, garlic, cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, mozzarella and parmigiano reggiano reserving some of the cheese.
- Hollow 1/2 an inch out of the center of both halves of the bread.
- Spread the mixture into the hole in the bread slices and top with the reserved cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven covered in foil for 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil and continue to bake until the cheese is melted and golden brown.