Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This one is from a blog called Closet Cooking and it looks divine! You bake the dip on top of the bread so all you have to do is bake, slice and serve!
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated (parmesan)
- 1 loaf Italian bread, sliced in half lengthwise
- Mix the artichoke hearts, green onions, garlic, cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, mozzarella and parmigiano reggiano reserving some of the cheese.
- Hollow 1/2 an inch out of the center of both halves of the bread.
- Spread the mixture into the hole in the bread slices and top with the reserved cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven covered in foil for 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil and continue to bake until the cheese is melted and golden brown.
Made this for a get together and everyone loved it! VERY easy to make which is always great. It did take a little longer to brown than the recipe indicates but well worth the little extra time!! I've already passed the recipe out to several people who requested it.