Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 3 -5 drops hot pepper sauce
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 (14 ounce) cans artichoke hearts, well drained
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and well drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (or cheese of your choice)
- Melt butter in medium-sized saucepan.
- Whisk in flour; cook over medium heat about 1 minute.
- Slowly whisk in milk.
- Add salt, pepper, nutmeg and hot pepper sauce.
- Cook whisking, 1 to 2 minutes or until mixture is very thick.
- Let cool; stir occasionally.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Process garlic, artichoke hearts and spinach in food processor until very smooth.
- Stir into cooled Sauce.
- Reserve 3 tablespoons cheese.
- Stir remaining cheese into mixture.
- Spoon into 1 1/2-quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 25 minutes or until heated.
This was out of this world. It was the first thing to go at our party.
This was incredible. I substitued a cheese combination of asiago, parmesan, mozarella, and cheddar and increased the garlic. We loved it. Wonderful, quick and easy. My mouth is still watering!