My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 3 -5 drops hot pepper sauce
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 (14 ounce) cans artichoke hearts, well drained
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and well drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (or cheese of your choice)
- 1Melt butter in medium-sized saucepan.
- 2Whisk in flour; cook over medium heat about 1 minute.
- 3Slowly whisk in milk.
- 4Add salt, pepper, nutmeg and hot pepper sauce.
- 5Cook whisking, 1 to 2 minutes or until mixture is very thick.
- 6Let cool; stir occasionally.
- 7Heat oven to 350°F.
- 8Process garlic, artichoke hearts and spinach in food processor until very smooth.
- 9Stir into cooled Sauce.
- 10Reserve 3 tablespoons cheese.
- 11Stir remaining cheese into mixture.
- 12Spoon into 1 1/2-quart baking dish.
- 13Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 14Bake in 350°F oven for 25 minutes or until heated.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Artichoke Dip
Serving Size: 1 (1906 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 429.4
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26.2 g
- Saturated Fat 16.3 g
- Cholesterol 79.4 mg
- Sodium 1304.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.7 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 23.2 g