Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my most-requested recipe for parties. It's so creamy & yummy. Others have tried to imitate it, but always come back to the original!
- 1 cup mayonnaise (cannot substitute with lower fat versions)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated (NOT Kraft in green can)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened (I use 1/3 less fat)
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, well drained (NOT marinated)
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 dash cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat, drained (optional)
- Place all ingredients in large mixing bowl. Mix slowly to combine, then on high to whip.
- Place in baking dish. Bake for 1 hr on 350 degrees.
- Serve with baguette slices or sturdy crackers.
Very good! I increased the artichokes and used bottoms instead of hearts. I also subbed brie for the parmesan because we like the creaminess. Thanks for sharing! **Made for the P-A-R-T-Y Cooking Event**
Very good! I made this to have before Easter dinner...everyone loved it. It was a little greasy on top (not bad) and it could have been because I did us fresh Asiago cheese and I didn't use less fat cream cheese. Next time I might cut the cream cheese a little and I would add some diced green chilis because we like a little kick. This will go in my file to use later. Thank you! Made for Spring PAC 09.