Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
- 170.09 g jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 73.94 ml grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 29.58 ml mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
- 12 slice French baguettes (1/2 inch thick)
- In a bowl, mix together artichoke hearts, green onions, 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Place baguette slices on a baking sheet.
- Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until slightly browned.
- Spoon approximately 1 tablespoon artichoke mixture on each baguette slice and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Broil 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Agree to replace the mayo, but I'm going to try goat cheese or a nice havarti and take out the parmasean since it too adds alot of salt. And I personally like the tangyness of marinated artichokes, they do mellow out if you rinse them as I do.
Last night my DH and I made the crostinis, and they were really good. For our personal tastes, we thought that the artichokes was a little sour/tangy tasting due to them being marinated, even though we did drain them thoroughly. Next time we make these; we will use non-marinated artichoke hearts and substitute cream cheese for the mayo. All-in-all a really easy, make ahead appetizer.
5 stat all the way- these disappeared in a hurry. Everyone raved about them - I made the mix and the crostini the day before, spread the artichoke mixture & sprinkled them with parmesan a few minutes before popping them in the oven-ready in 3 minutes Thanks Nurse Di this goes into my permanent appetizer cookbook