Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
Can be served warm or chilled.
- 2 large artichokes or 3 medium artichokes, split
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 3 slices lemons
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 cup cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook artichokes in chicken stock with lemon slices until tender, about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Discard lemons and removes artichokes from stock.
- Reserve stock, cool artichokes.
- Peel stems and mash with one of the artichoke bottoms.
- Dice and reserve remaining bottoms.
- Scrape pulp from leaves and combine with the mashed artichoke and reserved stock.
- Add shallots and cream.
- Simmer 5 minutes, strain, season to taste and add diced artichoke.