Recipe by Chris from Kansas
This is a great tasting dip that can be put together quickly. It has a thick spread consistency, but can easily be thinned with milk for dip with chips based on personal preference.
Top Review by GotBoxer?
WOW! WOW! WOW! This dip was great! I didn't have enough time to make this in the crock pot so I put it in the microwave for a couple of minutes, stirring after each minute and it turned out great.I did use 2 pkgs of Starkist's (?) real crabmeat instead of immitaion and added a little salt and crushed red pepper for some umph. Definitly a keeper and will be appearing on my holiday table- thank you for sharing!
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 4 medium green onions, sliced
- 1 cup shredded imitation crabmeat
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray inside of 1-3 quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Place all ingredients except crackers in cooker.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 1 to 1 1/4 hours or on high setting for 30 to 45 minutes or until cream cheese is melted. Stir until cheese is smooth.
- Scrape down side of cooker with rubber spatula to help prevent edge of spread from burning. Turn to low heat setting and hold for up to 3 hours.
- Serve with crackers.