Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a great tasting dip that can be put together quickly. It has a thick spread consistency, but can easily be thinned with milk for dip with chips based on personal preference.
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 4 medium green onions, sliced
- 1 cup shredded imitation crabmeat
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- Spray inside of 1-3 quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Place all ingredients except crackers in cooker.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 1 to 1 1/4 hours or on high setting for 30 to 45 minutes or until cream cheese is melted. Stir until cheese is smooth.
- Scrape down side of cooker with rubber spatula to help prevent edge of spread from burning. Turn to low heat setting and hold for up to 3 hours.
- Serve with crackers.
WOW! WOW! WOW! This dip was great! I didn't have enough time to make this in the crock pot so I put it in the microwave for a couple of minutes, stirring after each minute and it turned out great.I did use 2 pkgs of Starkist's (?) real crabmeat instead of immitaion and added a little salt and crushed red pepper for some umph. Definitly a keeper and will be appearing on my holiday table- thank you for sharing!
This dip got rave reviews from my Bible study group who scraped the bowl clean. Luckily I was able to get a bit of the yummy stuff before it was gone. I didn't use the crockpot, since I thought it would be way too big, and baked it very slowly on 225 degrees for 30 minutes, stirring the ingredients together after 15 minutes. For substitutions,I used a can of lump crabmeat, and a small red spring onion, minced. I had some concern that this dip would be sort of bland and without any "kick" to it, but it was just perfect in every way. I will try out my small crockette for this dip next time, since I think the ingredients are the right amount.